Associate Scientist (Clinical Chemistry)
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get to the real cause of a patient’s symptoms and guide their journey to improved health.
Candidates are highly encouraged to include a cover letter
About the Opportunity
As an Associate Scientist (Clinical Chemistry), you will conduct targeted and untargeted small-molecule analyses in different biological matrices. You will also help develop new assays for diagnostics and research projects through various phases of inception, planning, and transfer to the clinical lab.
- Conduct targeted and untargeted small-molecule analyses for a variety of projects.
- Perform methods development, optimization, and validation of new diagnostic assays, particularly with sample prep, FTIR, LC-MS/MS.
- Extract small molecules from biological matrices (blood, plasma, serum, etc.) and formulated drug materials.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues relating to assay development and quality.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents, including validation reports under CLIA/CAP guidelines.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Collaborate with other scientific staff members within and outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators, external consultants, and scientists.
- Perform other related duties as needed and required by supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years (BS) or 4 years (MS) of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in sample prep techniques including SPE, LLE, SLE, and PP.
- Experience conducting untargeted and targeted metabolomics analyses.
- Experience in small molecule chromatographic separation and process optimization.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Experience with data and statistical analysis of large complex data sets using Python, R, JMP, or similar tools.
- Experience with other analytical instrument, such as FTIR, UV/Vis, microarrays, and microscopy
Competitive compensation packages | Generous PTO + 10 holidays | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, & Dependent Care| 401(k) retirement savings plan match | Life Insurance & Disability | Stock Options
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Exagen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.