This is a website for healthcare professionals.
The Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) Test Measuring Drug Levels in Whole Blood
AVISE® HCQ is an advanced drug monitoring test that provides accurate measurement of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) levels in whole blood to help physicians assess their patients' exposure to hydroxychloroquine therapy.
Clinical Utility: AVISE HCQ Test Report
The AVISE HCQ test is intended for use in patients on hydroxychloroquine (PLAQUENIL) therapy, after steady state (approx. 90-120 days), to help assess the following:
Patient risk for disease flares
Therapeutic decision making
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. Low blood concentration of hydroxychloroquine is a marker for and predictor of disease exacerbations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2006 Oct;54(10):3284-90.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. Very low blood hydroxychloroquine concentration as an objective marker of poor adherence to treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007 Jun;66(6):821-4.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. (2013a) Hydroxychloroquine in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Results of a French Multicentre Controlled Trial (PLUS Study). Ann Rheum Dis 72:1786-1792.
- Costedoat-Chalumeau N, et al. (2013b) Adherence to Treatment in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 27:329-340.
- Frances C, et al. Low blood concentration of hydroxychloroquine in patients with refractory cutaneous lupus erythematosus: a French multicenter prospective study. Arch Dermatol. 2012 Apr;148(4):479-84.
- Exagen, Inc. Date on File.
View Complete References