Senior Marketing Manager
The Senior Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the commercial success of the organization through the development of strategic plans and tactical execution of campaigns promoting key products and services. This is a hands-on role and requires project ownership and self-motivation to engage critical internal and external stakeholders to gain consensus and drive outcomes. Successful marketing programs including launch plans, visual aids, traditional and digital multi-channel campaigns, peer to peer education, and strategic partnerships will be the result of timely and efficient planning and execution by this individual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increasing brand awareness and utilization within the core rheumatology market and relevant ancillary markets.
- Creation and implementation of Marketing Plans by product line from cradle to grave.
- Developing and implementing creative campaigns that capture market share and have a calculated ROI.
- Overseeing projects performed by external vendors to ensure on time and on budget results for projects including website design, physician/patient portal, vendors including graphics designers and web developers to support timely delivery of services.
- Coordinating social media activities and prepare monthly analytic for all digital initiatives.
- Maximizing impact from regional and national exhibits through impactful messaging and closely monitored lead conversion.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Flexibility in handling many tasks/projects at once.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with understanding of when to escalate issues.
- Must possess strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Sense of urgency to meet deadlines and proactive follow through.
- Team player who enjoys interacting with others.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree in scientific or business discipline, MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing with product lifecycle ownership.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance affecting promotion of medical / pharmaceutical products.
- General PC expertise; command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Graphics design, CRM and advanced analytics software a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to effectively understand and translate all scientific, technical, product and positioning components into straightforward, easy to understand verbiage. Ability to verbalize these components and effectively educate trainees on proper verbalization/presentation. Ability to clearly communicate training objectives, plans and logistics to ensure participation and understanding of training goals, accomplishments and deliverables across the organization.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups. Ability to create professional presentations and documents to foster enduring education.
High skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables surrounding the analysis of managed market strategies and contracting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record. Must follow all applicable guidelines as set forth in the Company Fleet Management Program including annual DMV reviews.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the work is performed in the corporate office. The Product Manager will be required to work out of the Exagen corporate offices.
Travel is estimated at 20% with this position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Interested parties should submit their resume and any additional support details directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exagen is an organization dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases by enabling timely differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring while optimizing therapeutic intervention Exagen has developed and is commercializing a portfolio of innovative testing products under its AVISE brand, several of which are based on proprietary Cell-Bound Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology.
If you are interested in applying your talents to improving the lives of patients suffering from these challenging conditions, then consider Exagen for your next career move.