Provider relations representative
We are seeking a qualified customer service professinal to join our team as a full-time Provider Relations Representative. Reporting to the Provider Relations Manager, this role is responsible for providing direct support to our clients in the healthcare industry, clinical laboratories and inside sales associates to ensure timely processing of specimen referrals for a positive customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Resolve routine customer inquiries and requests via inbound/outbound telephone calls or email. Escalate issues from customers and internal teams as needed.
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls for test results, product information and miscellaneous requests from physicians, medical office personnel, patients and sales representatives.
- Reliably process incoming test kit reorders with a high-dregree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Speak with customers in a courteious, friendly professional mamer. Adopt busienss etiquette when sending written correspondence.
- Follow up with medical office personnel to obtain missing and/or deficient test order information.
- Conduct timely and accurate communications with sales reps to inform of potential testing delays and recurring preanalytical errors.
- Document all customer interactions, complaints and customer account profile changes in CRM. Create CRM cases to follow-up when appropriate.
- Thoroughly document all test order updates in LIMS to comply with regulatory specifications as outlines by established internal procedures.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the AVISE test collection procedure, sample preparation and shipping timeline.
- Exercise diplomacy and empathy in addressing customer inquiries including researching and communicating test order status.
- Attend scheduled training exercises designed to enhance product knowledge.
- Adhere to HIPAA Privacy Rule provisioning and professional code of conduct as outlines in the Exagen Employee Handbook.
This job as no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This along with the requirements listed below are presentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meticulous and detailed- oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle stressful customer situations and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and display a high level of efficiency.
- Worling knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate flexibility, willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to change.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Previous customer service experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotech industry is a plus.
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred and/or some postsecondary education.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in a customer facing role; healthcare or biotech industry preferred.
- Prior experience working with a laboratory information management system (LIS, LIMS) and/or customer relationship management (CRM) system is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with domestic shipping guidelines, package tracking and calculating time in transit a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duites of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, dephth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Most of the work is performed in the corporate office.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Exagen Diagnostics is a patient focused, discovery driven laboratory based in Vista, CA. We serve patients and their healthcare practitioners across the United States. Our commitment is to provide physicians with accurate and clinically actionable results to guide the management of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases. If you are interested in working hard to improve the lives of patients suffering from these challenging conditions then consider Exagen for your next career move.