This is a website for healthcare professionals.
Exagen Featured in Five Scientific Posters at 2017 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting in San Diego
Exagen Diagnostics Featured in Five Scientific Posters at 2017 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting in San Diego AVISE family of tests including AVISE CTD used to aid in the diagnosis of lupus and other connective tissue diseases, prominent among scientific presentations this year. ALBUQUERQUE, NM and SAN DIEGO, CA, Oct 31, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) –
The AVISE family of tests includes AVISE CTD featuring patented cell- bound complement activation products (CB-CAPS) with enhanced detection for certain autoimmune rheumatic diseases including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Attendees are invited to visit the Exagen exhibit #1713 to learn more about the benefits of AVISE testing, including the new AVISE SLE Monitor test. Abstracts can be seen online at the ACR website http://acrabstracts.org Titles, presentation dates and abstract numbers for the five featured posters are listed below.
Sunday November 5, 2017
- Cell Bound Complement Activation Products Distinguish Systemic Lupus Erythematosus from other diseases among patients with high Antinuclear Antibody Titers and Normal Complement
Presented by Dr. Daniel J. Wallace
- Abnormalities in Complement System are Related to Disease Severity Index in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Presented by Cristina Arriens
- A Panel of Lupus Biomarkers for the Monitoring of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Performance Characteristics in Distinct SLE Cohorts
Presented by Dr. Joan T. Merrill
- Complement Activation in Peripheral Blood in Relation to Lupus, Antiphospholipid and Rheumatoid Arthritis Autoantibodies: Insights from Clinical Laboratory Evaluations
Presented by Thierry Dervieux
Tuesday November 7, 2017
- Cell-Bound Complement Activation Products as Markers of Disease Flares in Childhood Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Presented by Yevgeniya Gartshteyn
Exagen Diagnostics, Inc. is a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited and CLIA certified rheumatology specialty laboratory that focuses on the significant unmet need for accurate and timely diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of autoimmune connective tissue diseases (CTD). Its groundbreaking solutions address the full continuum of care with tools designed and clinically shown to help physicians deliver accurate, early diagnosis and optimized therapy. For more information, visit www.AviseTest.com
About Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are autoimmune diseases in which the body attacks its own, healthy tissues and organs. Patients suffer joint pain along with increased risk for other life-threatening conditions. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), a more severe form of lupus brings with it a host of unwanted symptoms including unexplained fevers, hair loss, fatigue, and skin rashes. Women are more likely to suffer from these conditions than men, and there’s no definitive cause, though researchers suspect genes as well as environmental factors may play a role.
Contact: Brian McEvilly
Exagen Diagnostics, Inc.